High performance organizations have strategic leaders. Strategic leaders have a vision, and work for the long term growth of their work unit. They anticipate and capitalize on opportunities and threats. They also provide the link between their team and the meeting of customers’ expectations. Most importantly, strategic leaders rally their people towards optimum performance, and ensure that initiatives are executed effectively.
The challenge: how do leaders make that smooth transition? Now, Guthrie-Jensen has developed a useful, practical approach to help leaders bring their leadership to the next level. With Guthrie-Jensen’s Unleashing the Strategic Leader program, participants will be able to
- Develop a more strategic approach to leadership to enhance work unit/ business performance.
- Identify and overcome the challenges that prevent leaders from working more strategically.
- Acquire a big picture, CEO mindset needed to handle operations more strategically.
- Use strategic thinking tools to identify the strengths and improvement areas of the work group.
- Use strategic frameworks to prepare for the planning of more successful business initiatives
- Strengthen the link between the work unit’s vision and actual performance.
- Implement initiatives that truly meet customers’ expectations and priorities.
- Avoid pitfalls in strategy execution.
- Get buy-in and develop a sense of urgency in people to ensure alignment and performance.
This program is recommended for middle and senior managers, business unit managers, team leaders, business owners, as well as professionals being groomed for senior leadership positions.