The programs under the Financial Management Series are for professionals looking for more specialized topics in finance.
It is also ideal for participants who have attended Guthrie-Jensen’s 5-Day MBA and Practical Financial Management, both of which are programs that provide an overview of finance. The Financial Management Series serves as good follow through programs.
Program 1: Managing Financial Assets and Resources Wisely and Effectively
At the end of the program, the participants will be able to
- Define and understand asset management from the balance sheet perspective
- Develop strategies to better manage assets and protect the company’s cash resources
- Learn best practices in asset and cash management and apply these to the company
This program extends asset management as an important tool in protecting and safeguarding the asset side of the balance sheet.
Program 2: Controlling and Matching Liabilities: Ensuring Adequate Cash for Optimum Operations
At the end of the program, the participants will be able to:
- Define and understand liability and equity management from the balance sheet perspective
- Develop an optimal debt structure that will result in better liability management
- Choose between debt and equity as an optimal capital structure
- Learn best practices in liability and equity management and apply these to the company
This program looks at liability and equity management for organizational efficiency. This program is a good extension of credit risk management.
Program 3: Strategy Alignment and Monitoring through Financial Ratios (two day)
This program takes off from the calculation of financial ratios by using the ratios in determining whether the company’s strategies remain aligned with the vision, mission, and values. The ideal participants would be senior and higher managers that belong to the financial services industry or those who have accounting and/or finance backgrounds.
Program 4: Picking the Right Long-term Investment: The Complete Capital Budgeting Process
At the end of program, the participants will be able to:
- Complete the entire capital budgeting process from determining the initial investment, the cash flow from the projects, to the salvage/terminal value.
- Develop expertise in analyzing whether to accept or not accept a project in terms of NPV, IRR, and the other decision-making tools.
- Approve and/or select a program or activity whether it is a stand-alone or mutually-exclusive.
- Apply risk management technique in the capital budgeting process
- Learn best practices in capital budgeting
Program 5: Linking Strategy and Financial Analysis Series
The following series of programs are the complete ratio analysis for specific industry. The first day is intended to introduce participants and calculate the ratios and the second day is for strategy alignment to the organization’s vision, mission, and values:
- Linking Strategy and Financial Analysis for the Manufacturing Industry (2-day)
- Linking Strategy and Financial Analysis for the Shared Services Industry (2-day)
- Linking Strategy and Financial Analysis for the Sales-Oriented Industry (2-day)
At the end of the program, the participants will be able to develop a strategy for their respective industry through ratio analysis and projections.